Brands always customize their interfaces with EMUI it is easy to see the manufacturer’s touch. The user interface offers an experience that is quite distinct from stock Android. In this article, we’ll show you some features that are worth checking out, in order to get the most out of your smartphone.
How to customize the interface:
One of the advantages of EMUI is undoubtedly its level of customization. Set up your own photo as a background, put apps in the dedicated drawer, navigate using the physical or virtual keys, rearrange the apps on the screens – all it takes is a few steps to make the interface fit your tastes and needs.
- Change the background: Settings>Display>Wallpaper>Set wallpaper>Gallery/Other.
- Activate the app drawer: Settings>Display>Home screen style>Drawer.
- Choose how to navigate the system: Settings>Smart assistant>System navigation; here you can tell your device to activate the single Navigation Key to access the home screen, the lock screen and recent activities, whether to activate the Virtual Navigation Bar (by customizing the key combination) or opt for the Quick Menu.
- Modify Quick settings: lower the drop down menu and tap on the pencil icon.
- Change layouts and rearrange apps: press and hold on the home screen and click on Settings. In this section you can reorganize your apps, even by shaking your smartphone to realign them.
- Display the percentage of battery left: Settings>Apps and notifications>Notifications and status bar>Battery percentage: Do not show/Next to battery icon/Inside battery icon.
- Add contact info on the lock screen: Settings>Security and privacy>Screen lock & passwords>Lock screen signature.
- Deactivate the pedometer on the lock screen: Settings>Security and privacy>Screen lock & passwords>Show step count on lock screen.
Immerse yourself in the display menu:
We often underestimate the importance of the display and the settings associated with it. I am not only talking about the level of brightness but also about the option of modifying the color rendering of the displayed content, as well as customizing the font size.
- Font size: Settings>Display>Text size.
- Change the size of interface elements: Settings>Display>View mode.
- Display resolution: Settings>Display>Screen Resolution.
- Display brightness: Settings>Display>Brightness.
- Color temperature: Settings>Display>Color temperature>Default/Warm/Cold.
- Color mode: Settings>Display>Color mode>Normal/Vivid.
- Filter the blue light on the screen: Settings>Display>Eye comfort.
Speed up interactions with your device:
Not all the options offered by a device are useful. On EMUI there are some functions that I recommend you activate, because they will allow you to optimize the interaction with your smartphone by making you navigate with fewer gestures and steps.
- Find files in no time: swipe down from the home screen and you will see the search bar appear.
- Activate voice commands: Settings>Smart Assistance>Voice control to answer or reject calls with your voice.
- Call a contact from the off screen: press and hold the volume key and say the name of the contact after the beep.
- Wake up Google Assistant: hold down the home button and use the voice command (remember to activate it first from the Google app).
- Open apps by drawing the initial on the display: Settings>Smart assistance>Motion Control>Draw.
- Divide the screen in two with your knuckle: Settings>Smart assistance>Motion control>Split-screen gesture.
Locking your device with a PIN, password, sequence, fingerprint reader or face recognition will help you protect your data. And if you want to keep secrets from curious eyes, you’ll be happy to find features that are designed for you!
- Set one or more fingerprints: Settings>Security and privacy>Fingerprint ID.
- Create a private space on your smartphone by activating private space: Settings>Security and Privacy>Private Space.
- Encrypt photos, audio, video, and other files: Settings>Security and privacy>File safe>Enable.
- Block access to some apps: Settings>Security and Privacy>App Lock.
- Locate the device in case of loss or theft: Settings>Security and Privacy>Find my device>on.
- Install apps from unknown sources: Settings>Security and Privacy>Other>Install unknown apps.
- Set/Disable SIM PIN: Settings>Security and Privacy>Other>Set SIM lock.